Position Snap Shot
The Payroll Specialist will process corporate payroll and compile payroll reports by facilitating preparation, completing reports, and maintaining records. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency in regards to the essential functions of the job found below.
- Maintain employee payroll information:
- Update employee records.
- Verify data for accuracy.
- Ensure timesheet compliance:
- Check for employee submittals and manager approvals.
- Resolve any discrepancies.
- Facilitate changes to timesheets.
- Prepare and process employee payroll:
- Compile, summarize, and enter timesheet information into master spreadsheet.
- Reconcile master spreadsheet employee hours against accounting software employee hours.
- Conduct final review of master spreadsheet for accuracy.
- Upload payroll run to ADP.
- Retrieve payroll and payroll reports.
- Ensure direct deposit to employee accounts and payroll tax authorities.
- Prepare additional bonus payroll runs at year end.
- Update corporate checking account spreadsheet.
- Deposit funds into flexible spending account.
- Mail garnishment checks.
- Provide payroll information
- Answer questions and requests from staff.
- Consult with ADP as needed.
- Prepare reports:
- Summarize PTO hours.
- Generate miscellaneous reports (e.g., Department of Labor statistics).
- Perform year end reporting for W-2’s.
- Maintain confidentiality:
- Handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Ensure product quality and Atwell reputation:
- Follow established accounting standards.
- Achieve performance objectives.
Day to Day
- 1-5 years of experience.
- A combination of formal training and professional experience.
- Knowledge of ADP or similar payroll systems, Microsoft Word & Excel, and Vision.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed