Position Snap Shot
The Senior Designer will be energetic, self-motivated and detail oriented with experience in preparing design drawings for gas transmission and distribution projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D primarily involving gas pipelines with emphasis on safety, accuracy, quality, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. Designs must adhere to applicable codes, standards, project specific requirements and procedures. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency in regards to the essential functions of the job found below.
- Interpret complex sketches, redlines, specification outlines, or logic diagrams to prepare designs of systems, structures, equipment, plant components or assemblies.
- Responsible for creating design drawings from general flow diagrams, including the creation of piping isometric drawing for construction-related activities with the use of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.
- Responsible for design drawings regarding drainage, grade plans, and structural elements from site proposals, surveys and basemaps with the use of CAD software.
- Develop detailed design drawings from general schematic and equipment drawings with the use of CAD software.
- Responsible for pipeline layout from preliminary alignment sheets and design notes.
- Responsible for maintenance and management of CAD specifications, templates and design models.
- Knowledge and application of design codes and regulations.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
- Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Drafting certificate(s) preferred.
Day to Day
- Associate’s degree or technical school certificate.
- 5 years of experience drafting in the oil and gas industry.
- Advanced skills using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software such as: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and CADWorx software.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed