Position Snap Shot
The GIS Technician is responsible for collecting, compiling, updating, manipulating, and maintaining data for various projects. The person in this position is also responsible for maintaining the accuracy of assigned GIS databases, technical files, and documentation. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency in regards to the essential functions of the job found below.
- Gather, and summarize data.
- Parcel Digitization.
- Remote Sensing.
- Conduct research via internet and phone.
- Document standards established by team.
- Assist with the creation of base maps, status maps, and exhibits.
Day to Day
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus in GIS, Geography or a related field preferred. Associates Degree, GIS Certificate or two (2) years of related course knowledge minimum.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with ArcGIS 10X preferred.
- Knowledge of coordinate systems and projections.
- Familiarity with map design.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed