Position Snap Shot
The 3D Laser Scanning Technician operates and maintains survey instruments and measuring devices to assist the 3D Laser Scanning Lead in completing different types of survey work assignments. The 3D Laser Scanning Technician also assists with implementing project survey policies, guidelines, and procedures. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency regarding the essential functions of the job found below.
- Be able to travel domestically if needed (up to 50% of the working year)
- Great to have functional AutoCAD skills
- Knowledge of basic survey principals.
- Be able to work at heights of up to 250 feet.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Be able to work in all elements around the country.
Day to Day
- Operates survey equipment (i.e., GPS receivers, Robotic and Conventional Instrumentation).
- Conducts field surveys for clients.
- Learns basic field calculations and procedures.
- Set up and run a laser scanner.
- Must be able to find and establish plant or site control
- Must be able to adjust and report dimensional control values.
- Select an area to place the scanner in order to gather the best 3D coverage possible.
- Be able to lift 30-50 lbs.
- Able to understand what a client wants to capture.
- Must be able to work at elevations of 200 plus feet.
- Must be able to quickly learn different Survey and Metrology Equipment.
- Must be able quickly learn software and to adjust and 3D model point cloud and close range photogrammetry data sets.
- May have to work in extreme temperatures/environments.
- Preforms assigned survey instrumentation operations activities and is responsible for the collected survey data.
- Downloads survey data.
- Must be knowledgeable with data collection using Trimble equipment and software products.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Effective problem-solving skills, especially when dealing with conflicting
- Nice to be able to travel up to 50% of the working year.
- Nice to have a current passport
- Proficiency in PC operation, including spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Nice to have OSHA 10 hour construction cert
- Nice to have TWIC Card
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed