Position Snap Shot
As a Distribution Design and AUD Subject Matter Expert at Atwell you will work on diverse projects as a leader to support a project team by designing overhead and underground distribution electrical facilities and addressing engineering issues. In addition to providing leadership and technical support in design we are looking for a candidate to configure the AUD tool for multiple electric and gas utilities throughout the United States.
- Utilize distribution design expertise to determine routes and constructability of distribution line, considering environmental concerns, landowner concerns and cost of construction.
- Provide technical support on straight forward and complex distribution design scenarios.
- Utilize and learn engineering software packages to complete distribution design and have the ability to determine if calculated results are reasonable.
- Interface with client and line construction crews.
- Complete site visits and field assignments as required. Perform site walks.
- Communicate with Project Manager and Team Leader on workload status in order to meet designated chargeability goals.
- Instruct AUD to utility software users and Atwell internal staff.
- Create demo presentations for AUD and communicate to Sr. Leadership
- Create standards and documentation for AUD configuration
- Working on large AUD configuration projects for multiple utilities.
- Problem solving abilities for large utility clients.
Day to Day
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in designing both overhead and underground distribution electric facilities.
- Must possess math and engineering skills to understand structural analysis, sag analysis, basic algebra, and geometry.
- Must understand basic electrical theory.
- Must understand basic knowledge of land and surveying terminology.
- Understanding of up to date National Electric Safety Code requirements.
- Must possess technical writing skills for project proposal and resume creation.
- Must possess knowledge of general project management skills and techniques.
- Must possess workload management skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed