Position Snap Shot
The Designer position is a developmental structural engineering position working under direct supervision to support a project team by designing a portion of projects and addressing engineering issues for various projects. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency in regards to the essential functions of the job found below.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D and related engineering software packages to complete assignments on time and within prescribed standards as outlined in the Atwell Product Quality Manual.
- Provide additional project support by drafting documents and computations including, but not limited to: due diligence/site analysis reports, engineer’s opinion of probable costs, project schedules, utility computations, detention/retention computations, storm sewer reports, and local and state permit applications.
- Complete edits and modify plans as reviewed by agencies, municipalities, and clients as directed.
- Conduct research as directed on properties and projects for zoning, local/state requirements.
- Complete site visits and field assignments as required. Perform site walks.
- Communicate with Project Manager and Team Leader on workload status in order to meet designated chargeability goals.
- A basic understanding and entry level application of the following technical skills that pertain to your assigned region:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Construction Practices
- Grading Design
- Site Planning
- Soil Erosion
- Technical Writing
- MS Office
- Adherence to Atwell Product Quality Standards.
- Assist in preparation of site drawings and construction documents.
- Assist in preparing construction-related services such as: permit applications, construction plans and other related construction documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Day to Day
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or equivalent experience.
- The ability to apply fundamental engineering concepts to practical situations utilizing your background, degree and/or equivalent experience.
- We Will Build Strong Relationship
- We Will Project Industry Expertise and Maintain Project Knowledge
- We Will Be Responsive and Execute on Every Task
- We Will Continue to Hire and Develop Technically Sound Professionals
- We Will Provide Quality Deliverables and Maintain a Culture of Excellence
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed