Position Snap Shot
As a Crew Chief at Atwell you will work on diverse projects within the heavy construction industry. You will work in a flexible and entrepreneurial work environment both out in the field and in office. Atwell is looking for Crew Chiefs that are interested in being subject matter experts in residential, commercial or industrial land development. Our diverse project scopes will allow you to cross market your skill set into renewable energy or Oil & Gas including working with environmental teams and other teams across the business. You will gain a thorough understanding of construction staking on Land Development projects.
- High School Diploma or Technical degree
- Five (5) plus years of experience
Day to Day
- Drives to and from sites daily.
- Set up, adjust, and operate survey equipment including; total station, data collector and GPS equipment.
- Measure distances, angles, and elevations for staking purposes.
- Reviewing survey field calculations and adjust when needed.
- Locating or establishing vertical and horizontal control.
- Utilizing Tremble equipment to measure all utility points including; curb and gutter, water & sewer, storm drain and paving.
- Prepare field notes and complete as-built drawings.
- Prior experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D to verify calculations are correct.
- Responsible to maintain work issued vehicle, laptop, and survey equipment.
- Follow Atwell’s safety protocols.
- Work independently as a one-man crew.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans.
- Effectively communicate with contractors, inspectors and team leaders in high pressure environments.
- We Will Build Strong Relationship
- We Will Project Industry Expertise and Maintain Project Knowledge
- We Will Be Responsive and Execute on Every Task
- We Will Continue to Hire and Develop Technically Sound Professionals
- We Will Provide Quality Deliverables and Maintain a Culture of Excellence
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed