Position Snap Shot
The CAD Technician works under minimal supervision to support a project team by drafting detailed drawings, conducting research, and preparing final documents for various projects. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency in regards to the essential functions of the job found below.
- Serve as a resource to the design staff on matters concerning drafting practices and procedures.
- Enter, access, retrieve, analyze and revise data as directed based on Atwell standard procedures. Manage the responsibilities incorporated with preliminary and final drawings, excel spreadsheets and research documents.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D and related engineering software packages to complete assignments such as preparing topographic surveys, preliminary site layout plans and preliminary concept plans, on time and within prescribed standards as outlined in the Atwell Product Quality Manual and CAD Standards Manual.
- Organize base drawing files utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D and related software packages.
- Produce completed and detailed drawings by making revisions based on the comments and plans of senior project team members.
- Produce various drawings specific to the project. Examples include: soil erosion plans, site layout, grading, storm sewer, water, sanitary sewer plans, construction layout, and construction staking.
- Prepare construction documents for submittal to clients, municipalities, agencies and others as directed. This includes stamping with appropriate seal as approved by the Project Manager and obtaining the appropriate signature.
- Communicate with team members, the Project Manager and Team Leader on workload status in order to meet designated chargeability goals.
- Intermediate understanding and application of the following technical skills:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Grading Design
- MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Plan Interpretation, Presentation, and Clarity
- Site Planning
- Civil Construction Document Preparation
- Knowledge and skills in new applications such as:
- Condominium Documents
- Sanitary (Septic) Design
- Sanitary (Sewer) Design
- Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control
- Storm Water Management
- Utilities Design
- Water Main Design
- Illustrate resourcefulness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Workload management skills.
Day to Day
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in AutoCAD (or related field) preferred
Must have working knowledge and understanding of basic geometry and trigonometry
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed